Things I am tired of hearing about Long Distance Relationships

Hey !

If you have read my A-Z of me blog post then you will know that I have been in a long distance relationship for 3 years. Being in a long distance relationship is one of the difficult things in my life at the moment but I fight through it since I know that in a few years it will be worth it. However, people around me love being negative about long distance relationships. So without further ado, I present to you Things that I am tired of hearing about being in a long distance relationship.



"You are basically single 85% of the year."

I don't think people realize that being in a relationship isn’t all about being in physical contact with them. Having that lack of physical contact makes us more open to talk about our feelings and conflicts.


"How do you know that he isn't cheating on you?"

I hate this one so much because people could be living together and they could be cheating on each other. The truth is I don't know if he's cheating on me but I trust him enough to believe that he isn't.


"Long Distance Relationships never work out."

My response : People could be living down the street from each other and sometimes that doesn't work out either.
Never is such a strong word to say. Some people aren't made for long distance relationships but some people are; therefore, some LDRs work and other's don't.


Quote : Toeverybrokenheart.tumblr.com
Photo : By me

So, do you have phone sex/Skype Sex?

  1. That is a very inappropriate question to ask someone who you are friends with.
  2. None of your damn business.

You don't have an input in this conversation since you live in another country than your Significant other
I am sick and tired of having my relationship dismissed because my boyfriend lives in the UK. I mean sure, it isn't convenient that he isn't with me but at least he's in the same continent ! Some people have relationships with people in different continents ! I follow a couple on twitter where she lived in the USA and he lived in the UK ;  that's a total different time zone ! AND THEY'RE STILL ALL REAL RELATIONSHIPS. Ugh ! There are a ton of people that think that physical contact is everything and that you can't have a relationship without it.


Oh how there are so many stupid things that people say to people in long distance relationships. Ok, you don't have to  like the idea of a long distance relationship but you don't have to say rude things either. Ugh !
Anyway, I want to know what things you people in LDRs hear.

Until next time, my lovelies

~Aby


Follow me on Twitter : @Hashtagaby   Follow me on Instagram : aby1997.   Add me on Snapchat : aby1997.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 main ingredient Recipe : Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella wrapped in Parma ham

Unboxing : Owl Crate October 2018

Review : Inkbox Tattoo